LOOKING TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY IN PAPHOS IN 2019? - PART 2
THE LISTING AGREEMENT
This refers to an agreement with the real estate expert which describes your property and the terms for marketing it. Here, you are giving the real estate agency your permission to market your property on which the duties of both parties are agreed along with advert fees which are to be paid on completion based on what the sale price is.
ADVERTISING YOUR PROPERTY
Most real estate agencies make use of various promotion channels such as printed media, as well as, the internet and advanced communication tech to market your property week in week out. Here are some of the advertising media –
- Property portals - You can have your property advertised on leading worldwide property portals.
- Weekly Magazine - Most real estate agencies use property listing publications where a large number of copies are given out through various outlets in Paphos.
- Email & SMS - Once you list your property with an agency, alerts will be sent via SMS to prospective buyers who have an interest in properties like yours.
- Associates Program - A lot of real estate agencies in Paphos have affiliations with international firms who link them to potential buyers regularly.
- Contact Centre - Real estate agencies have staff that is trained to market your property to prospective buyers on a regular basis.
- Using For Sale Signs - This sign is attached to your property to give it more exposure to potential buyers in the area. Signs generate leads since prospects always want to get a good view of the interiors.
Want to speak with a consultant? Let us know here Click Here
In Paphos, only homes that stand out among the rest get so quickly, and this is because homes that stand out create first impressions that are great. As much as you try to enhance your home's market value, you can, also, enhance its marketability by fixing yourself in the position of the buyer.
Work on the exterior
Since first impressions are important, how your home looks will influence prospective buyers. Does your home have a dull look? Then, take steps to improve its look by giving it a paint job or other enhancements. Ensure that the grass is trimmed, as well as, the trees on the bushes. You can use flowers to beautify it. Make replacements to old mailboxes and more. Check out the front door of the house and change it to something friendly that has luster and coat it with great color. In a nutshell, ensure that your house looks amazing on the outside.
Work on the interior
Keep the interior of your house in good shape by eliminating clutter and ensuring that buyers have enough room to implement their ideas. Keep your closet clean and clear knick-knacks from your countertops, the shelves, and more. Endeavor to get rid of any unnecessary furniture in order to create more space and make the rooms look larger. Use fresh and bright paint to give the rooms a new look and ensure that the chosen colors match with the decorations.
Prospective buyers usually carry out their judgments based on the state of your oven and stove. Endeavor to keep your appliances spotless and in perfect condition. If there are any sticky, squeaky, or drippy appliances, get them replaced and keep your counters, as well as, your cabinets open and free of clutter.
Your master bedroom
One other location that buyers usually find appealing is your master bedroom. Ensure that your furniture is free of clutter and try to keep the room arranged in a way that makes it easy to identify the sleeping area, the area for dressing, as well as, the sitting areas. Buyers should be able to understand the furniture arrangements. If there are any items which can be kept at a different place, remove them to enable your potential buyers to have a good view of your closest size.
You must ensure that every part of your bathroom is kept absolutely spotless and that all leaky faucets are fixed. Faulty plumbing should be fixed and try to make use of soft lighting.
Ensure that your recreation room is arranged in a way that lets your buyers understand that it can accommodate a wide range of activities. You can include a fireplace that has fresh logs to give the room and extra.
An ideal garage only houses cars. Therefore, ensure that all garage clutter is eliminated. Articles that are no longer needed should be sold or given away. If there are any oil spills on the floor, they should be cleaned. If your garage serves as an area for storing belongings, keep it orderly and neat.
Keep your basement organized and have your tools hung up on pegboards. Also, make use of your shelves and get rid of the damp smell by keeping a large quantity of limestone in areas that are damp. You can get your basement brightened by painting bright colors on the walls.
As soon as inquiries about your property begin to come in, your real estate agent can show the property to your buyers. Before an appointment is scheduled, do some tidying up, get the dark areas lit up, make your beds, and if possible, begin to bake something spicy. Do not make it a habit to turn down some appointments as you cannot tell who the real buyer will be.
If you’re present
When the prospect shows up, exchange warm and polite greetings. You should remember that buying a property is arguably the biggest purchase for a family. You should, therefore, treat it as very serious and ensure that they are not distracted as this could hamper the deal. Follow these tips-
- Ensure that the number of people present during the inspection are not too many to enable your potential buyer feel at home and not like an intruder.
- If you happen to have kids, keep them clear of the inspection space by keeping them busy in a separate area of your home or get them to play outside instead of having them tag along. Allow the buyers to carry out their own personal exploration to their taste so that it becomes easier for them to really take in the features of your home.
- Turn off the television or your radio as noise can be a distracting factor. You want your house to be quiet during an inspection.
- If you, also, happen to have pets, they should be kept outside as buyers may not be comfortable around animals. Endeavor to provide honest answers to any questions that you are asked.
If you’re absent
Keep the house tidied up and ready to be accessed by your real estate agent. The truth is that prospective buyers happen to feel much more at home if the real owners of the house are absent.
Now that you have begun to get offers, the offers will mostly come true your expert negotiator. Ensure that you have every offer reviewed and take into consideration the financial standing, as well as, how ready a buyer is. You are at liberty to accept an offer just the way it came, saying no to it, or review it, make some adjustments, and forward it to the buyer to try to come to an agreement. Your prospective buyer may key into your changes, simply reject it out rightly, or review your changes and present a counteroffer. The bidding process could go on this way until you reach an agreement with the buyer and conclude negotiations. Ensure that you have property experts to provide you with assistance as the negotiations take place in order to ensure that you get an ideal price for your property.