Cyprus offers the quickest, most assured route to European citizenship and a second passport through the Cypriot citizenship by investment programme.
An investment of €2.5 million in real estate is required. Cyprus is unique in its offering of citizenship within just 2-3 months of such an investment. This grants a Cypriot passport and EU citizenship, allowing the freedom to work, travel, study and live anywhere within the EU including countries such as Germany, France and the UK. The investment can be reduced down after 3 years to just €500,000.
The applicant is required to comply either with a single one or with a combination of the below criteria:
- Invest in coverment bonds
- The applicant may to purchase state bonds of the Republic of Cyprus for €500,000 maximum
- Invest in Real Estate, Land Development and Infrastructure Projects
- The applicant has to make an investment of at least €2m in the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial development).
- Invest in financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations
- The applicant has to purchase financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organizations (bonds/securities/debentures registered and issued in the Republic of Cyprus) for at least €2m.
- Purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot businesses or companies
- The applicant has to make an investment for at least €2m in the purchase, creation or participation in businesses or companies, that are based and operating in the Republic of Cyprus. These businesses or companies should evidently have a tangible presence in Cyprus and employ at least five (5) Cypriot citizens.
- Investor is entitled to sell its investments after 3 years, however he must hold possession of at least €500,000 worth of residential property (+VAT if applicable).
- A fast-track procedure takes only 2-3 months (the fastest in Europe)
- The citizenship is granted to the whole family - husband, wife and all financially dependent children under 28 years old
- Dueal-citizenship is permitted and the acquisition of citizenship in Cyptus is not reported to other countries
- Numerous education options in the European Universities which feature lower tuition fees
- VISA - free travel to 157 countries worldwide, including all the European Union countries, Canada and Australia amongs others
- All the rights of an EU citizen protected by EU legislation and regulations include the following: freedom to reside, work, do business, study and travel anywhere in the EU, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland
- No double taxation in Cyprus, international tax planning tool and financial confidentiality to the Cyprus passport holders
Applicants are required to have a clear criminal record. There is no language requirement, medical test or interview for citizenship applicants.